WordPress Tweaks is a powerful yet simple plugin to help you push the boundaries of WordPress by fine-tuning its many aspects. This multi-purpose plugin specializes in simple toggle-on/off changes and dropdown selections. It adds many useful settings pertaining to comments, posts, media, the administration back-end, and much more. Some tweaks can even replace plugins that you may already have installed.
The WordPress Tweaks plugin adds a “Tweaks” page to your “Settings” menu. Each individual tweak can be enabled/disabled at will using a checkbox or dropdown. An instant search bar makes it a snap to find the tweak you’re looking for.
The tweaks are as follows:
- Automatically scroll to the post editor
- Disable the admin bar
- Disable the Dashboard
- Disable the “Search Engines Blocked” notice
- Disable tag autocomplete
- Disable WordPress’s admin footer text/links
- Comments and Pings
- Disable self-pinging
- Dofollow comment author links
- Dofollow comment body links
- Open external comment links in new windows
- Disable the Flash uploader
- Default media inserter tab
- From Computer
- From URL
- Media Library
- JPEG Quality
- Disable post revisions
- Force excerpts on archives
- Open external post links in new windows
- Add a “Continue reading” link to excerpts
Just enter the homepage URL of your WordPress site:
If you find this plugin useful, please support its continued development by donating (any amount is appreciated). Thank you!
Version 2.0 (May 27, 2011)
- Feature: Added an instant search bar to the plugin admin page
- Feature: Added the “Disable the admin bar” tweak
- Feature: Added the “Disable the ‘Search Engines Blocked’ notice” tweak
- Feature: Added the “Disable WordPress’s admin footer text/links” tweak
- Feature: Added the “Default media inserter tab” tweak
- Feature: Added the “JPEG Quality” tweak
- Bugfix: Increased browser compatibility for the “Automatically scroll to the post editor” tweak
- Bugfix: The “Disable the Dashboard” tweak now works on the latest versions of WordPress
- Bugfix: The “Disable tag autocomplete” tweak now works on the latest versions of WordPress
- Improvement: Replaced deprecated ereg functions with preg functions
- Improvement: Now uses the new script/style queueing API introduced in WP 2.6
- Improvement: Now uses the new options.php API introduced in WP 2.8
- Improvement: Plugin now fails gracefully when installed on an old, unsupported version of WordPress
- Removed the “Remove the width restraint on administration pages” tweak (no longer needed in WP 2.7+)
- Removed the “Show comments in reverse order” tweak (no longer needed in WP 2.7+)
- Removed 5 nofollow tweaks (Google no longer supports nofollow-based PageRank sculpting as of 2008)
- Removed the “Disable directory listing for my plugins folder” tweak (no longer needed in WP 2.8+)
- Removed the “Hide WordPress’s version number from my theme and feeds” tweak
- Removed the “Add code references to favicon.ico” tweak (not needed for modern browsers)
- Removed the “Remove white space from pages list” tweak
- Compatibility: WordPress Tweaks now requires WordPress 3.1 or above
Version 1.8 (June 30, 2008)
- Added the “Automatically scroll to the post editor” tweak
- Removed unused code
- Added a POT file to the plugin distribution
- Fixed a WordPress 2.6 compatibility bug
- Other minor enhancements
Version 1.7 (June 17, 2008)
- Added internationalization support to all strings
- Added nonce support to the administration interface to guard against unauthorized changes
- Other minor enhancements and fixes
Version 1.6 (June 10, 2008)
- Added the “Disable the Dashboard” tweak
- Added the “Disable directory listing for my plugins folder” tweak
- Added information on version requirements for some tweaks
Version 1.5 (June 6, 2008)
- Added 9 new tweaks!
- Overhauled the administration interface
- Added helpful descriptions to many tweaks
- The footer counter is now controlled by a checkbox instead of a constant
- Other minor enhancements
Version 1.0 (April 28, 2008)
- Now compatible with WordPress 2.5 plugin auto-update.
Version 0.1.2 (March 14, 2008)
- Resolved a minor, aesthetic IE CSS rendering issue.
- Other minor changes.
Version 0.1.1 (February 28, 2008)
- Added the “Remove ‘nofollow’ from comment author links” tweak.
- Added a donation link in the administration panel.
- Made an admin change for WordPress 2.5 conformity.
- Fixed bugs that prevented the “Open external comment links in new windows” tweak from working.
- Fixed a bug that caused the tag cloud to be removed from the Widgets administration when the “Only show the tag cloud widget on the homepage” tweak was enabled.
Version 0.1.0 (February 27, 2008)
- Initial release
Please leave comments for this version at the WordPress Tweaks 2.0 post. Thanks!